Skip to main content

Tennis Business : Serena Williams launches OTT platform ‘Tennis Majors’

Serena Williams has added a tennis website to her vast business empire, which already includes a clothing line and investments in 34 startups.
Women’s tennis legend Williams and her coach Patrick Mouratoglou have teamed up with French digital group Reworld Media Group to launch a new platform, which will deliver exclusive content from the tennis world.

The platform started by Williams will be called ’Tennis Majors”
Williams, Mouratoglou and Reworld are shareholders in the Tennis Majors platform and will showcase content in English and French language. It will have a major focus on tennis content, but will also deep dive into players lives, training and activities they do off court. Tennis Majors will use the 12-hectare Mouratoglou Tennis Academy, which was founded by the Frenchman in 2016 on the French Riviera, to film some of its content.

The former top-ranked American and Mouratoglou, who have won 10 major singles titles since they first started working together in 2012, had long been mulling the idea of a tennis website.

“Tennis Majors was born during a discus­sion with Patrick two years ago at the US Open and to see such a major project become a reality is super exciting”, said Williams, the Open era Grand Slam record holder. “Tennis fans are pas­sionate about their sport and its players and they want to know what happens behind the scenes. I am looking forward to starting this adventure.”

Although Mouratoglou is perhaps most famous for his successful coaching partnership with Williams, the Frenchman is also a businessman in his own right.

Mouratoglou,is the founder and chairman of the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy in Nice, France. Earlier this month, he announced a five week tennis exhibition series behind closed doors in May, called the “Ultimate Tennis Showdown” at his academy to give players a chance to earn some money while all pro tennis events are suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic until at least July 13.

Last month, Mouratoglou wrote an open letter to the tennis world, in which he called for a fairer distribution of prize money to benefit the lower-ranked players, many of whom are struggling financially because of the shutdown.



https://ift.tt/2YkGkMX

Comments

Related Posts

Why Marc Cucurella buried coin in pitch before Spain's World Cup final as 'secret' 2010 ritual comes to light

Marc Cucurella’s unusual act of burying a coin in the pitch before Spain’s World Cup final has been explained as a lucky ritual dating back to the nation’s 2010 triumph. Former defender Joan Capdevila revealed he asked Cucurella to continue the superstition, with Spain again lifting the trophy after a 1-0 extra-time victory over Argentina. from Sports News: Cricket Live Scorecard, Latest Cricket News, Football, NBA, NFL, WWE, NHL, MLB News & More https://ift.tt/nb0Kv2R

Trump said same seven words to every Spain and Argentina player after World Cup final, claims lip reader

Donald Trump reportedly repeated the same congratulatory message to every Spain and Argentina player during the FIFA World Cup 2026 medal ceremony, according to a professional lip reader. The US President allegedly told each player, “You are a champ” and “Amazing player” while presenting medals following Spain’s 1-0 extra-time victory over Argentina in the final. from Sports News: Cricket Live Scorecard, Latest Cricket News, Football, NBA, NFL, WWE, NHL, MLB News & More https://ift.tt/8AH14Yf

'Weren't you going shave off all your hair?': Spanish princess embarrasses Ferran Torres over bizarre World Cup promise

Ferran Torres delivered Spain's World Cup-winning goal, but his funniest post-tournament moment came during a royal reception when Princess Leonor reminded him of a pre-tournament promise to shave his head if Spain lifted the trophy. The Barcelona forward laughed off the question, while several other Spain stars still face unusual challenges after their historic triumph. from Sports News: Cricket Live Scorecard, Latest Cricket News, Football, NBA, NFL, WWE, NHL, MLB News & More https://ift.tt/HrxGSmy

'I need help': Spain World Cup winner appeals directly to President Donald Trump after US entry denial

Spain legend Joan Capdevila says he has been denied permission to enter the United States ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup final and has appealed directly to Donald Trump for help. The 2010 World Cup winner had hoped to watch Spain face Argentina alongside his former teammates, but claims his ESTA application was rejected, leaving his travel plans in doubt. from Sports News: Cricket Live Scorecard, Latest Cricket News, Football, NBA, NFL, WWE, NHL, MLB News & More https://ift.tt/9jyl1sV

FIFA President Gianni Infantino travelled almost three times the Earth's circumference during the World Cup

FIFA President Gianni Infantino's extensive private jet travel during the 2026 World Cup has sparked criticism over the governing body's environmental credibility. Reports estimate his flights generated more than 1,020 tonnes of CO₂e, prompting campaigners to question FIFA's sustainability commitments. While FIFA defended the travel as operationally necessary, the controversy has intensified scrutiny of football's climate responsibilities and leadership. from Sports News: Cricket Live Scorecard, Latest Cricket News, Football, NBA, NFL, WWE, NHL, MLB News & More https://ift.tt/lWn9TIK