Skip to main content

Unadkat finds Royal deal surreal

New Delhi, January 28

Overwhelmed by a “surreal” bid, it took Jaydev Unadkat some time to believe that franchises were willing to break a bank to grab him. “When my name came up for biding, I was hooked to live streaming for the next 15 minutes and found it surreal. The entire team stopped training to watch my bidding,” said Unadkat, who had been training with his with his Saurashtra teammates in Rajkot for the upcoming Vijay Hazare Trophy. He became the costliest Indian player at the auction when Rajasthan Royals shelled out with Rs 11.5 for him. 

The 26-year-old Saurashtra left-arm seamer has played one Test, seven ODIs and four T20Is for India. In the last one year, he has done very well in the shortest format.

He did not expect franchises to splurge on a fast bowler since Rs 10 crore-plus deals have always been offered to batsmen or all-rounder. “Honestly, I did not have any amount in mind. The past two years have been pretty good for me and after last year’s IPL (24 wickets), I expected a good bid. But yes, I was really amazed at the kind of bidding that happened. It is indeed surprising for me that franchises were ready to pay so much for a fast bowler,” said Unadkat.

“I am overwhelmed but taking it in a happy way. I am expected to give my best for my franchise and will strive to do that.” — PTI



http://ift.tt/2DW0J1g

Comments

Related Posts

दो हार से तिलमिला उठा ऑस्ट्रेलिया का पूर्व दिग्गज, अपने ही कप्तान को सुना दी खरी खोटी

Border Gavaskar Trophy:ऑस्ट्रेलिया को बॉर्डर गावस्कर सीरीज में भारत के खिलाफ लगातार दो हार मिल गई है। नागपुर और फिर दिल्ली में हुए टेस्ट को भारतीय टीम ने अपने नाम किया। इस हार के बाद ऑस्ट्रेलिया के पूर्व कप्तान और दिग्गज खिलाड़ी ने अपने ही कप्तान पैट कमिंस पर ही सवाल उठा दिये हैं। https://ift.tt/cY31Bsd

लखनऊ का नवाबी ठाठ, खोला जीत का खाता, मेयर्स और मार्क वुड के झटकों से दहली दिल्ली

IPL 2023: लखनऊ सुपरजायंट्स ने टूर्नामेंट का विजयी आगाज किया है। दिल्ली कैपिटल्स को अपने घर में 50 रन के बड़े अंतर से रौंदा है। https://ift.tt/7P19vGe

पहली गेंद पर ही मेगन ने जड़ से उखाड़ फेंका शेफाली वर्मा का डंडा, चारों खाने चित हुई भारतीय बल्लेबाज

RCB vs DC: महिला प्रीमियर लीग 2023 में दिल्ली कैपिटल्स का प्रतिनिधित्व करने वाली आक्रामक ओपनर शेफाली वर्मा के लिए यह टूर्नामेंट कभी ठंडा तो कभी गर्म रहा है। https://ift.tt/3cw0o5x